Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hayley - A Huskergirl from Toronto!

I always love my time in Canada and meeting Hayley was one reason why.  Hayley and I decided to work on some images one evening and now we have a new Huskergirl! Among the many ideas we pursued, one was to capture similar poses but really different contexts. I think we accomplished that with this set! 


Coy, reluctant but willing is the vibe she transmits in these two photos. 

She came in to work on these on her birthday.  Her birthday party was going to be the next day, but it seemed special to be doing this on her birthday. 
Hayley is an accomplished fine art model and I appreciate her indulgence in getting these shots for the Huskergirl blog. 



Our goal was  to collaborate and produce some art and now we have accomplished that! Note: this is not to say that the Huskergirls images aren't art in their own right! 

Although we shot this last November, I can now say that I have one of my favorite images as part of a gallery show in Los Angeles. The image is titled "Woman at Door" demonstrating once again that my creativity in photography is vastly superior to my ability to come up with names for images.  


Here's the info for the show:

TEN YEAR REPRESENTED ARTISTS RETROSPECTIVE
Exhibit Dates: April 10-May 24
Reception: April 10, 7-9pm (second Thursday Artwalk)


Represented artists gallery link:

http://lacda.com/LACDA_artists_gallery.html


No comments: